Thursday, September 6, 2012

Once Upon


Once upon an afternoon
I decided to try to bend my spoon
I grasped it firmly betwixt my hands
But the wily spoon had other plans

It wriggled free and then did fall
upon the floor with a parting call

"You've doused me in your soup so hot,
 and scooped ice cream with me a lot
and now I've had it up to here
another utensil you'll need I fear."

I chased my spoon outside the house
with speed it darted just like a mouse
it turned the corner of my block
but then received a nasty shock.

the sewer grating was spaced just so
and down it fell with a cry of woe
I dove to save it from the drain
and skinned my knees with the strain

I caught it with my hasty lunge
and pinned it hard above the sludge
I saved it before it all but went
but when I drew it out it came out bent

And so I did achieve my goal
And saved my spoon from a nasty hole
Perhaps this poem has struck a chord
and saved my reader from being bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment